Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone and is responsible for many important functions in the body, including the development of male sexual characteristics, the growth of muscle and bone mass, and the regulation of mood and energy levels. Knowing your testosterone levels is important to your everyday function. Low testosterone, also known as hypogonadism, is a condition in which a man's body is not producing enough testosterone.
Some common signs of low testosterone (also known as "low T") in men include:
- Low sex drive: Testosterone plays a key role in a man's libido or sex drive. If your sex drive has decreased significantly, it could be a sign of low testosterone.
- Erectile dysfunction: Testosterone also plays a role in the development and maintenance of erections. If you have trouble achieving or maintaining an erection, it could be a sign of low testosterone.
- Fatigue: Testosterone helps regulate energy levels, so if you feel tired and fatigued all the time, it could be a sign of low testosterone.
- Loss of muscle mass: Testosterone is important for the growth and maintenance of muscle mass. If you notice a decrease in muscle mass, it could be a sign of low testosterone.
- Increased body fat: Testosterone helps regulate fat distribution in the body. If you notice an increase in body fat, particularly in the abdominal area, it could be a sign of low testosterone.
- Mood changes: Testosterone plays a role in regulating mood. If you experience mood swings, irritability, or depression, it could be a sign of low testosterone.
- Decreased bone mass: Testosterone is important for the growth and maintenance of bone mass. If you notice a decrease in bone mass or are at an increased risk of osteoporosis, it could be a sign of low testosterone.
If you are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms, the American Urological Association recommends that you have your testosterone levels checked. Although there are many ways to check testosterone levels, the most common method is a blood test, which measures the amount of testosterone in the blood. The blood test is usually done in the morning when testosterone levels are highest.
ARCpoint of Downtown Greenville can assist you in determining if you have low T with our quick and easy blood test.
Our tests are almost half the cost of major healthcare systems in the Upstate? According to MyChart, the out-of-pocket costs for our tests at other healthcare facilities is shocking and appalling! We found that it was $148 without insurance and $165 WITH insurance! That doesn’t even include the fees from your doctor. That’s just the lab fees. At ARCpoint, you can get your test (with everything included) for as low $89.
ARCpoint Labs of Downtown Greenville is a convenient and affordable option for healthcare on your terms. Contact us today to schedule your quick and easy healthcare test.