Stop the Spread: Turn to ARCpoint Labs of Martinez’s COVID-19 Testing Services
While the official end of the pandemic may be in sight, it’s still far from over. Every day, COVID is still infecting individuals all over the world, including in Martinez!
And although the world seems to have seen some sense of normalcy within the last year, we must continue taking proper precautions and avoid dropping our guard any time soon. This proves especially true during the holiday season as friends and families get together.
To keep you and yours safe during the holiday season, ARCpoint Labs of Martinez is here shed some light on the current COVID-19 rates in Martinez and Contra Costa County, break down our easy COVID-19 testing process, and share some tips on how to continue keeping yourself safe as the holiday season begins!
COVID is Still a Problem in Contra Costa County
Although nearly 92% of residents are vaccinated, the number of new cases of COVID-19 continues to rise in Contra Costa County. This comes, unfortunately, at a time when new virus variants have been predicted and an increase in spread rates is expected throughout the rest of the year, similar to past winters.
To make matters worse, many of the key tools that have been used in the past to curb these spikes and protect communities have been stopped. Additionally, hospitals are already being pushed to their limits due to a surge in RSV cases.
This all boils down to one thing: avoiding a COVID-19 infection is personal responsibility now more than ever.
Long-Lasting Effects of COVID Are Just Being Realized
Even if you consider yourself healthy and aren’t in any of the high-risk groups, it’s important to remember that a COVID-19 infection may leave behind lasting effects on your health.
Research is still being completed every day to understand the long-term effects of COVID-19. So far, some of the most common include:
- Increased fatigue
- Heighten symptoms after physical effort
- Difficult breathing and other respiratory symptoms
- Mental health conditions including mental fog, sleep problems
- Complete loss of smell and taste
- Blood clots and other blood vessel problems
It’s important to know that many preexisting medical conditions can also bring on these symptoms, meaning that COVID-19 is not the sole cause. However, this is reason enough to continue staying persistent in your methods to reduce your exposure to COVID and risk of spreading it in your personal life.
How Can I Protect Myself & Others from COVID During the Holidays?
The best thing you can do during the holiday season to protect yourself from spreading COVID-19 is to get tested before attending any gatherings. Some other things you can continue to do to protect yourself and your family, friends, and community from COVID-19:
- Make sure you and your family are updated on your COVID vaccines and applicable boosters – you can find the most up-to-date information via the CDC’s official vaccine website.
- Continue following the Safe and SMART Events Playbook provided by the California Department of Public Health to limit the risk of transmission during your holiday events.
- Wear a mask and make sure it’s a good one; cloth and surgical masks are no longer the best options – the CDC recommends sticking with an N95.
- Stay away from others and get yourself tested if your feel ill or show symptoms of COVID-19. Virtual holiday gatherings can always be a thing!
Antibody testing can also be done to see if you’ve fully recovered from COVID before heading out to a holiday gathering. Taking these extra steps and ARCpoint Lab’s COVID-19 testing services in Martinez can give you peace of mind that you’re doing everything possible to limit this infectious disease's spread throughout our county.
What’s Included in the ARCpoint COVID-19 Testing Procedure?
While testing services were done out of tents and parking lots during the beginning of the pandemic, that’s not the case anymore. With ARCpoint Labs of Martinez’s help, you can get reliable, accurate, and fast COVID-19 testing in a clean and comfortable testing facility!
Getting testing at our lab is easy. Steps include:
- Schedule Your Appointment – Give us a call or schedule your appointment online to set up your COVID test at our Martinez testing lab. Once you do that, we’ll have you fill out a few forms ahead of time and you’ll be ready to go!
- Come In – Equipped with your appointment confirmation and unique QR code, come in at your scheduled appointment time, and easily check in with a scan. You’ll only wait a few minutes, if at all before you’re seen. Once the test is completed, you’ll be free to go!
- Get Results – Within a few minutes or days, depending on the type of COVID test you completed, you’ll get results in a secure text message or email.
And it’s as easy as that! Whether you’re looking for antibody testing, a rapid viral PCR test, or something else, we provide a range of COVID testing solutions to help you better understand your health, detect any current or previous infections, and make choices in your life to mitigate the risk of transmission.
ARCpoint Labs of Martinez is Proud to Be Your One-Stop for Nearby Testing Services
When it comes to protecting your own health and the health of others, it's important to have all the information you can get. Testing is one of the best ways to get that information! We’re happy to be many people’s go-to testing facility in Martinez.
When you choose ARCpoint Labs of Martinez, you’re choosing a:
- Locally owned and operated company that is backed by a leader in accurate and convenient testing services
- Team of experienced, certified, and friendly lab technicians who are committed to helping you complete any necessary testing
- Martinez testing lab that is dedicated to keeping your information and results secure, giving you complete control of your personal health data
We provide a range of commercial COVID-19 testing options as well, ensuring you’re able to curb the transmission rate inside your business and take the extra steps to protect your employees, customers, and community.
Get COVID-19 testing today – book your appointment online today!