Random Drug Testing
Maintain a Safe Workplace for Your Employees
At ARCpoint Labs, we are committed to helping our corporate clients protect their company and their staff. Employee drug use can have devastating effects on a business, so it’s important to take steps to prevent these types of situations. There are quite a few ways in which drug users can impact your business. Here are just a few of them:
- Can impact customer service
- Can interfere with employee productivity
- Can put a business at risk of a lawsuit
- Can create a hostile or unsafe work environment
One way in which you can avoid these potential problems is with random drug testing. If you don’t have one of these policies in place, our team can help you implement one. If you currently have one in use, we can review it and help revise it, if necessary.
Benefits of Random Drug Testing
Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing is a great first step in protecting your workplace. But it is only one step. Random drug testing is a great additional tool to help ensure employees don’t come to work under the influence or engage in drug use while working. According to the Department of Transportation (DOT), random drug testing is the “best tool employers have for deterring drug and alcohol use in the workplace.”
ARCpoint Labs makes implementing random drug testing policies easy, regardless of your company size or industry. In addition to managing this service for you, we can also help you determine a randomized schedule, understand best practices, and interpret the test results. If you’ve never implemented one of these policies before, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team so that we can help.
No matter the size of your company or the industry, random drug testing is a great way to protect your business and its employees. Contact your local ARCpoint Labs to discuss this business solution with our team.
*Services vary by location. Contact your local ARCpoint Labs for additional information.
Common Questions About Random Drug Testing
If your business doesn’t currently have a random drug testing policy, you may have some questions about how they work. Here are a few common questions we receive along with our answers:
How do random drug tests work?
- ARCpoint Labs’ random drug testing management is very flexible. Generally speaking, you will randomly select pools of employees to test at random. You can also implement a policy for individual employees who previously didn’t pass a previous test.
How often should my company drug test?
- In many cases, having a random drug testing policy is a powerful deterrent in and of itself. Just knowing that they could be tested is often reason enough for employees to refrain from drug use before or during work. Yet it’s also important to test occasionally so that your employees know that you follow through with your policy. That said, it’s recommended that you conduct random testing at reasonably spaced periods throughout the year, making sure to change the exact dates to keep them random.
Are there any random drug testing laws?
- Different states have different laws, so it’s best to speak with your local ARCpoint Labs team to learn more about the specific laws in your state. In many cases, employees must agree to pre-employment testing if you also plan to administer random drug tests during their employment with your company. It’s also very important that your policy is detailed in an employee handbook or other onboarding materials.