DOT FMCSA Certified Medical Examiner
The FMCSA Certified Medical Examiner (CME) is responsible for managing and implementing all aspect of client services they are legally qualified and trained to handle. This position is primarily for completing DOT FMCSA Medical Exams and other fit-for-duty medical exams.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- works under the supervision of the Lab Manager and coordinates with other lab staff.
- Completes medical exams in the lab office or onsite at client’s facilities.
- Ensures that all services administered fully comply with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Ensures that all clients’ services are delivered safely, efficiently, and according to professional standards of conduct.
- Must be familiar with audiometer operation.
- Prefer familiarity with pulmonary function testing/spirometry.
- Treats each client with a courteous and helpful manner.
- Upload completed certifications to the FMCSA website.
- Protects client confidentiality by adhering to state and federal privacy laws.
- Tracks inventory and advises the Lab Manager of supplies needed in advance.
- Deals with client-specific issues as they arise.
- Manages time-sensitive or other important information to resolve urgent matters.
- Demonstrated commitment to the ARCpoint standards of excellence and client service.
- High personal standards of excellence, honesty and integrity.
- Personable and friendly, with the ability to relate to ARCpoint clients and their needs.
- Professional attitude towards clients and co-workers. This includes manner, appearance, and observance of client confidentiality.