Various COVID-19 testing options are available when and if you need them, from antibody tests to at-home antigen tests. Unfortunately, with so many alternatives like molecular/PCR testing comes confusion and possibly some myths surrounding same-day turnaround time, the accuracy of results, appointment scheduling, and cost. The good news is our team at ARCpoint Labs of St Augustine is here to help answer questions, offer professional guidance, and dispel any misinformation making the rounds in your personal circles.
Common COVID-19 Testing Questions
Even after years of managing the pandemic and getting people back to their semi-normal lives after lockdowns, mask mandates, and industry-oriented mandatory vaccination, there’s still misrepresentation and half-truths regarding COVID-19.
While this false information will have its place in society—if only temporarily—it’s important we answer a few common COVID testing questions to outweigh falsehoods with the truth.
How Easy Is it to Get COVID-19 Testing?
In the early years of the pandemic, many were worried about the availability of COVID tests and their accuracy. Testing seemed an illusive concept that only a few were privy to. Now, a simple internet search will yield various testing options: at-home tests, rapid tests, travel tests, and more.
In short, it’s easy to get a COVID test, but you must consider personal preference when deciding to schedule a test at a facility or opt for an at-home test.
How Much Does COVID Testing Cost?
Most health insurance providers cover the cost of PCR/molecular COVID tests and accompanying boosters. Government-sponsored programs may also cover any expenses incurred due to testing. However, before a test is administered, review your insurance policy to understand your rights and financial responsibilities or contact your health provider for costs associated with COVID testing. The U.S Postal Service is even mailing free COVID antigen test kits to every American who provides their mailing information.
Are At-Home COVID Tests Reliable?
Often, it’s more convenient to administer an antigen test at home. However, the misconception is that at-home COVID tests aren’t reliable. According to the CDC, COVID testing is designed to detect SARS-CoV-2, its biomarkers of the virus that cause COVID-19, or antibodies produced after vaccination. The allure of at-home testing is that you get rapid results within a few minutes instead of waiting for a laboratory test that can take up to 3 to 5 days for results.
COVID at-home tests can:
- Detect the current virus in your body, but it cannot tell you if you have antibodies of COVID-19
- Help you protect yourself and others, along with other preventive measures
- Be used after you’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
While at-home tests aren’t 100% reliable, they are great resources to ensure you protect yourself and those you care about against coronavirus exposure and can give you vital next steps. Still, there is the chance that you receive a false positive test due to not precisely following the manufacturer’s directions. We recommend a trusted test facility near you for accurate, reliable, and rapid COVID testing.
Get Professional COVID Testing for These 5 Reasons
1. Same-Day Testing & Results
Many people opt for at-home COVID testing because it’s assumed that results will come faster, albeit with some inaccuracies. Unlike some testing facilities, our team at ARCpoint Labs of St Augustine offers same-day turnaround appointments and results. We know waiting can be nerve-racking, so we do everything we can to promptly get you the desired outcomes.
2. Walk-Ins Are Welcome
Are you holding off scheduling a COVID PCR test because you have a full plate? Waiting to schedule a rapid COVID test can put you at risk of spreading the virus and becoming more ill. Some facilities, like ours, accept walk-in COVID testing patients because we know you don’t have a second to spare. You don’t have to waste time formally scheduling an appointment to be seen by one of our professionals. You can count on us to treat all walk-ins with kindness, respect, and compassion.
3. Seamless & Easy Appointment Scheduling
Dealing with a potential illness can leave you feeling lethargic and unable to do much, so calling a testing facility to make an appointment and speak to a live person is probably the last thing you want to do. The good news is ARCpoint Labs of St Augustine offers convenience and contactless appointment scheduling you can complete entirely online. You can set your COVID testing appointment quickly and easily, saving time and energy better spent preparing for your scheduled test.
4. Qualified Sample Collectors
You should always expect your testing results to be as accurate as possible because the professionals administering your test and handling the specimen are dedicated to precision and have the proper qualifications. At ARCpoint Labs, our collectors are certified to ensure accuracy, security, and sanitized facilities. We also partner with Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) certified labs that process nearly every sample.
5. Various Testing Opportunities
One of the limitations with at-home COVID-19 testing is that they may not provide the most accurate results, and they’re recommended for individuals 14 years or older. There are also limitations with detecting the Omicron variant. And just because you receive a negative test doesn’t rule out a SARS-CoV-2 infection.
We offer a wide selection of convenient COVID testing options, including:
- Concierge on-site testing – We come directly to you for just $125 on weekdays and $150 on weekends, so you don’t have to venture outside in a potentially weakened state. You get your results back as soon as the end of the business day.
- Rapid antigen testing – We administer this $95 test to detect the virus’s proteins, with results delivered by phone or email.
- Sars-Cov-2 and Influenza A + B testing – COVID-19 symptoms mirror those of the flu, so it’s difficult to sometimes decipher which one you have. Our Triplex test takes about 10 minutes to administer, and results are available in a couple of days.
- Rapid PCR COVID testing – Need your molecular test available in 2 hours? ARCpoint Labs performs a molecular diagnostic test whether you’re traveling or just need answers sooner rather than later.
- Saliva-based PCR testing – Nasal swabs to extract RNA strains have been the norm. However, we offer saliva-based PCR testing that still gives you the rapid and reliable results you need.
Along with an assortment of testing options, we also administer COVID vaccines to ensure you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe.